Vidflex™ uses Stripe for its payment provider to collect revenue from purchases made on your video content. To have those funds move from Vidflex™, to a Stripe account and into to your bank account, you'll need to sync a Stripe account to your Vidflex™ seller profile.
You can create and manage individual seller profiles on your Vidflex™ site. Define each seller’s currency (CAD, USD), location, and tax information. Group your video content into categories and define tax rules for each category (optional).
Before you begin
Although you can start creating a new seller profile, you will need to have a fully registered Stripe account in order to add your ' live' API keys which are required on your Vidflex™ sites Payment Gateways section.
There is a section in your Stripe.com account called "Activate Payments" that goes into the requirements needed to set this up.
Once you have completed setting up your Stripe account with your business and banking details, contact Stripe to finalize your account to unlock the ' live' API keys.
Sellers Overview Video
Opening up E-Commerce Sellers
Under the left Global Settings menu on the back end of your Vidflex™ site, click on Ecommerce > Sellers.
Most Vidflex™ platforms will have one seller profile to collect revenue from all of their user purchase transactions. You can create multiple seller profiles if your business requirements demand you to collect revenue for different Stripe accounts.
Currently, there are no limits on how many seller profiles you can create.
Only one seller profile can link to one Stripe account.
- Viewing the main Sellers screen, click the + Create Seller button.
- This will open a new page to start adding information about the seller.
The Seller Details sub-menu is for adding your Stripe billing information.
- Complete each field by adding your billing information. Use the table below to help understand the information each field asks for.
All fields with an asterix ' *' are required.
Name * Add the same name as your Stripe account (required) Country * Choose Canada, USA, Other(required) State / Province Drop-down will provide a list of provinces or states based on country selection Street Address1* Add your billing address (required) Street Address2 Add a second address if applicable City * Type in the name of your city/town
Currency Select the currency that you want to charge for each transaction
- US Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
Precision Is set at '2' because there are two decimal points in currency. Rounding Select the type of rounding you want for each transaction. This controls rounding up or down to the nearest cent.
- Round Half Up (default)
- Round Half Down
- Round Floor
- Round Ceiling
State A seller profile must be in an enabled state in order to use it
- Enable / Disable
Tax identifications for invoicing Add your tax IDs if applicable
- When all applicable fields are filled in, click Save
Payment Gateways Video
The Payment Gateways sub-menu screen is where you'll add your own Stripe API live and test keys in order to activate purchasing.
Once you log in to your Stripe account, you'll need to copy four unique API keys and paste them into the corresponding payment gateway fields on your Vidflex™ site.
The Stripe key examples below are for demonstration purposes and are not real Stripe keys. Your key values will always be unique!
|Publishable Live Key||pk_live_cE4tt3SI0Gq8TlGgH3VJUCspRDN|
| Secret Live Key
| Publishable Test Key
| Secret Test Key
Adding Stripe keys into Vidflex™ Payment Gateway
- Login to your Stripe account in a browser tab.
- On another browser tab, open the Payment Gateways sub-menu on your Vidflex™ site.
- In Stripe, look at the upper tabs menu bar and verify you're on the Home tab.
- On the far right side you will see a toggle to change the account mode from Test mode to Live mode.
Let's start with Live mode first.
If you do not see Live mode available, complete the Activate Payments section in your Stripe.com account set up and then come back to this step.
- Copy the Publishable Key in the box below the toggle, and paste it into the Publishable Live Key field on your Vidflex™ site.
- Back on your Stripe Home dashboard, under the Publishable Key is the Secret Key. Click the eyeball icon to reveal this key.
- Copy and paste the Secret Key into the Secret Live Key field on your Vidflex™ site.
- Back on your Stripe Home dashboard, toggle the account mode from Live mode to Test mode and repeat steps 4-6.
- This time you will paste the key values into the Publishable Test Key and Secret Test Key fields on your Vidflex™ site.
- We recommend moving onto the next section "Test mode" below, before enabling live purchasing on your site.
- Or, change the State to Enabled if you're ready to use the live mode right away.
Configure rules for the collection of taxes from purchases made on your site.
Please speak with your accountant to find out if the requirements for collecting taxes apply to you!
Taxes and Product Categories Video
To create a tax rule, follow the steps below
All fields with an asterix ' *' are required.
- Click the + Create Tax button.
- Enter the Name of the tax you are making.
- Add the Rate. This is the amount of tax you want to collect, for e.g. in some Canadian provinces there is a 5% GST tax on goods and services.
- Under the Type drop-down, select either Percentage or Fixed. Fixed changes the Rate to a dollar amount versus taking a Percentage of the total amount being charged.
- Verify the State is Enabled.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps to create additional tax rules.
Product Categories provide the option to group your video content into categories and define tax rules for each category using the taxes made in the last step. In general, most sites will have one product category for all their content.
If you don't need to collect taxes, simply make a product category and do not add any tax rules in it.
Creating a Product Category
- Click the + Create Product Category button to get started.
- Give it a Name.
- The State is Enabled by default. Change the State to Disabled if desired.
- Click Save.
Adding Tax Rules
- Viewing the new Product Category, click on its Tax Rules button.
- On the next screen, click + Create Tax Rule. The Create Tax Rule form will now appear on your screen.
- Complete the following fields:
- Create another tax rule to apply the same tax to more than one country
- You can choose one or all state/provinces.
- Create another tax rule to apply the same tax to specific countries and their state/provinces
- Combine allows this tax to combine with other taxes being charged for the same region
- This tax only does not allow this tax to be charged with other taxes for the assigned region
- Click Save.
- Back on the main Tax Rules screen, click Edit if you need to make any changes to a tax rule. Make sure to Save any changes you make.
|Name||Add a name for this tax rule|
|Tax||Select from one of the taxes you made from the previous step|
|Country|| Choose which country this tax applies to
|State/Province|| Choose which province this tax applies to
|Tax Operation|| Select either COMBINE or THIS TAX ONLY
|State||Choose if you want this tax rule Enabled (default) or Disabled.|
Test Tax Rule
After you've added all the necessary tax rules for a product category you can run a system test to verify your set up. After the test is complete you can make more modifications to the tax rule if needed.
- Click Test on a Product Category with tax rules.
- On the next screen add a random price into the Price field. E.g. enter the number 10.
- Check the box Tax Included if you want the system to include all taxes assigned to this Product Category in the simulated purchase.
- Click Submit.
- See results.
Using a Seller Profile
Once you have a completed seller profile and it is in the Enabled state, it can now be used for adding Pay-Per-View to individual video containers, Packages for a group of videos, and monthly Subscription.
When adding a pricing rule for any of the monetization options you'll be asked to choose from the following 3 fields
- Payment Gateway
- Product Category
The image below is taken from configuring a pricing rule for Pay-Per-View.
Test mode is used for testing the purchase process without making real charges.
In the event that your live Stripe keys are not available, copy the exact values below within the quotes into your live publishable and secret key fields. See the image below for reference.
As soon as your live keys become available you can replace them on your site.
- Copy "pk_live_..." and paste into the Live Publishable Key field.
- Copy "sk_live_..." and paste into the Live Secret Key field.
- Viewing the Payment Gateways sub-menu screen, change the Mode to TEST
- Change State to Enabled, and click Save.
- If you see an error in red after attempting to save, double-check the format of each key was entered correctly without any added spaces at the end of the key.