A video or video-on-demand (VOD) is simply pre-recorded video content that can be made available on your platform for viewers to watch online.
You can control how you want your videos to appear on your platform. Each video is displayed on the front end in a video player page where viewers can watch the video and see any other content that you’ve added to that page. For example, you may some text, change the background image on the page, add a downloadable file, etc.
You’ll learn more about how video are displayed as you begin adding videos on your platform.
Uploading a Video
To start uploading a video, follow the steps below.
- In the Library, click Upload Video .
The Upload Video window appears.
- Enter a name for the video. This name will appear on your site.
- If you have the Multi-Language feature enabled, select the language from the Language drop-down.
- If you want to publish the video on your site immediately after it has been uploaded, check the Publish Immediately checkbox. (If you don’t check this option now, you can choose to publish the video later.)
- Click Upload Video.
- In the Upload Video window that automatically opens, you can either:
- Drag-and-drop the video file into the window.
- Click Select Files. Browse to and select the desired video file, then click Open.
A progress bar appears in the Upload Video window to show the progress of the file upload and approximate upload time.
After the file has uploaded, the video edit screen automatically opens. Your file is now being processed which means that it’s being readied and optimized for publishing to your site — this may take a while depending on the file size. Return to the Library to check on the status of the video.
When you’re ready to publish your video, follow the steps in the Publishing/Unpublishing a Video topic.
Editing a Video
After you’ve created a video, you can make edits to the video.
Find the video that you want to edit in the Library and click Edit.
The video management screen opens, displaying several tabs. Each tab allows you to configure different elements of the item; the changes that you make in these tabs will determine how the item will be displayed on the front end.
Access to some tabs will depend on the item that you’re editing and also your user permissions.
Publishing/Unpublishing a Video
When you publish a video, it will be available for viewers to see on a page on your platform – that page is known as the video player page.
- In the video management screen, click the General tab.
- In the State drop-down, choose Published or Unpublished.
- Click Save.
Deleting a Video
You may want to completely delete a video if you no longer want it to appear on your platform.
- Find the video that you want to edit in the Library and click Delete.
A message appears asking you to confirm that you want to delete the video.
- Click OK.
The video and all of its associated content have been deleted.